[horde] Unable to paste in IMP HTML editor

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 21 19:32:43 UTC 2012

Quoting Ole Wolf <wolf at blazingangles.com>:

>> This is a problem on both Firefox and Chrome (I haven't attempted
>> other browsers).
>
> I just tried the git version of IMP 6.0.2, and the problem seems to have
> been fixed in the upcoming version.

Yes, it was this commit:

commit 889bf186fe5f430853d7a9cebc2d7774de153c03
Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Date:   Wed Nov 14 22:18:27 2012 -0700

     Attempt at only stripping data from HTML paste data

> BTW, there's a CKEditor version out that is newer than the one currently
> used in the Horde framework.

No there isn't.  Horde_Editor contains v3.6.5 of ckeditor, which is
the latest stable version.

And it is not ckeditor that was preventing pasting.  It is Horde/IMP.
Unfortunately, due to some unwelcome design decisions in some browsers
(e.g. FF), a large security/configuration issue opened up regarding
pasting into the ckeditor browser in the compose window.  Pasting data
into the compose window is most certainly NOT something we want to
allow in IMP.

michael