[horde] Activesync username -> horde username mapping

Josko Plazonic plazonic at math.princeton.edu
Thu Nov 29 20:51:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been playing with activesync (great work btw!) and I have a problem
that I don't see a solution for that I was hoping you guys might have a
suggestion for.  With autodiscoverty (at least with a few android
devices I tried) the activesync username ends up being user at domain.
Unfortunately then that ends up being the horde username as well and it
seems like the usual set of horde hooks (preauth, postauth,
authusername) do nothing in this case to translate it from user at domain
to user.  As a result of that once a user logs in they do not see the
registered device nor do they see their usual calendar and settings on
the mobile device.  I.e. it is the case of two different users - user
and user at domain.

What's worse is that if they enter the wrong case, like user at Domain, it
ends up being treated as yet another/different user...

I checked activesync code and as far as I can tell there is no inbuilt
way to translate usernames and the best I could find is the setup
functions in ActiveSync/Driver/Base.php and ./Core/ActiveSync/Driver.php.

Am I missing something obvious? Any hints?

Thanks,

Josko