[horde] Need advice on purging C-Panel mailbox

David Blomstrom david.blomstrom at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:51:46 UTC 2012

Hi, I contacted Horde for advice on cleaning out a mailbox and was directed
to this list.

My situation is pretty simple...I have nothing but problems with e-mail. I
have a PHP script that forwarded e-mail addressed to my website to my GMail
address. When I upgraded C-Panel, it stopped working, so my e-mail is now
piling up in a mailbox I seldom have time to check.

There are tens of thousands of e-mails in the mailbox, and they're probably
99% spam. But I'd like to check for good messages before I pull the plug. I
played around with various features - search, filter, etc. - but they were
incredibly slow and some didn't work at all.

So here's my first question: Is there a way to select every e-mail in my
mailbox that matches a certain feature (e.g. the words "Credit Check" in
the subject line) and 1) make all those messages simply vanish, and at the
same time 2) zap future e-mails with a similar subject line?

Second question: Does anyone know how to make a C-Panel mailbox inactive,
so it no longer collects e-mails, though any e-mails already in the inbox
are still available for inspection and manual deletion?

Finally, is there a way to forward e-mail to my GMail address? In fact, it
would be nice to know a trick that would forward e-mails addressed to
various forms of a website's name (e.g. webmaster at MySite.com,
Info at MySite.com, etc.), if that's possible.

I actually have a couple dozen websites, so I need to do some house
cleaning in all my mailboxes and set them up to forward mail.

Thanks for any tips.

--

David Blomstrom
Writer & Web Designer (Mac, M$ & Linux)