[horde] Horde 5 questions

Benedetto Vassallo benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it
Sun Dec 2 20:06:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I recently installed horde 5.0.2 in a test server with a new database,
and all works fine for me.
Now I want to planning to upgrade my production installation (horde
3.3.11) to the new release of horde.
Before proceding i want to ask you something:

How can I upgrade horde 3 database?
Is it sufficient just point the new horde installation to the old
database and then click on the "Update
schema" link in the configuration screen?
Becouse the old horde database is using latin1 charset and h5 will use
the UTF-8 charset, it is possible to convert the old database charset
to avoid broken characters (like à, è ...)?

Do you plan to release gollem for h5 soon? The install process now
fails with the following message:
horde/gollem requires package "horde/horde" (version >= 4.0.0, version
<= 5.0.0, excluded versions: 5.0.0), installed version is 5.0.2

Then I have a feature request too:
imp - Is it possible to have the "link attachment" option in dynamic view too?
imp - It is possible to automatically link all attachments bigger than
a specified size?

Thank you for your attention and thanks alot for the app you have developed.
It is really wonderfull.

--
Benedetto Vassallo
Sistema Informativo di Ateneo