[horde] H5 ActiveSync / Samsung Galaxy S3: mapping for home/work email addresses

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Dec 2 20:15:00 UTC 2012

Quoting rbankhead <robin.bankhead at gmail.com>:

> Hi Simon,
>
> So this does seem to tally with the wiki's directions, and it's apparent
> that you are using H5 so clearly they haven't changed. One hurdle down.
>
> But what I'm not getting is how the names used here (eg "email",
> "workEmail") are translated to "Email1Address", "Email2Address" for
> ActiveSync purposes. Indeed, are these always the field names that'll be
> sent? If I have a contact with only workEmail, is that sent as Email1Address
> or Email2Address? I would rather have insight into these aspects of the
> process before I make any changes to the server code.

These are hard coded. I.e., 'email' will always map to email1address.
'homeEmail' => email2address, and 'workEmail' => email3Address. See
Turba_Driver::toASContact() in turba/lib/Driver.php for more info.

There was a thread a while back on the dev list discussing how to map
all of this you can search for if interested in the backstory.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org