[horde] Horde_Imap_Client-2.3.1 does not work

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Dec 6 22:56:14 UTC 2012

Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> If you don't want to code a work-around, then maybe the
> documentation should say that PHP v5.3.9 (?) is now required.

We can't do this because of our release rules.  As a framework
ourselves, we have to define an API (including minimum external
requirements) and we can't change this during minor releases.

And while I would like to see the minimum version bumped in the next
minor release, I know this isn't going to happen.  As much as I
disagree with the Debian model, if we cut out that existing market
than we lose a substantial number of current/potential installations.

My thoughts on this subject is all venting and recommendations to
current admins rather than a threat to suggest changing any
requirements.

michael