[horde] Horde_Imap_Client-2.3.1 does not work

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Dec 6 22:33:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
>
>> To rephrase, if Horde developers have chosen PHP as a language, then
>> they must obey the rules of the language. If it is buggy and breaks
>> compatibility in ugly way, they must hack.
>
> Please read my original message: we DID obey the rules of the
> language.  That's the problem.  You write perfectly valid PHP 5.3.0
> code, and it isn't interpreted correctly due to a bug in the
> interpreter.  WHICH WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING (unless you are arguing
> that we, as developers, have to read the 162KB changelog of PHP 5 and
> glean from one line changelog entries that our code won't work
> properly with a certain PHP version).

I think it is reasonable (as someone else already did) to report this as a
bug in the Debian PHP package.  If there is a reasonable work-around that
can be coded into Horde, that would be nice also.  If you don't want to
code a work-around, then maybe the documentation should say that PHP
v5.3.9 (?) is now required.

 	Andy