[horde] NAG doesn't work

Benedetto Vassallo benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it
Sat Dec 8 21:05:33 UTC 2012

Def. Quota Anders Persson <defender110 at apik.net>:

> Quoting Josko Plazonic <plazonic at math.princeton.edu>:
>
>> On 12/07/2012 04:32 PM, Benedetto Vassallo wrote:
>>> horde is not at the root of my webserver, the root is
>>> /var/www/html and I have the following Alias directive:
>>>
>>> Alias /horde5 /var/www/horde5
>>>
>>> So I reach it at https://webmail.unipa.it/horde5 url.
>>>
>>> All others horde applications works OK, just nag have this issue.
>>> I really don't know what I did wrong.
>>
>> I still suspect Rewrite rules to be the issue.  Have you tried
>> turning on RewriteLog to check what's going on under the covers -
>> if you google for RewriteLogLevel you'll find plenty of hints on
>> how to do it.
>>
>> Also, like I suggested before you could try moving
>> /var/www/horde5/.htaccess to apache config file (with appropriate
>> changes).
>>
>> Josko
>>

> I had the same problem, and eventually gave up and moved horde into
> the document root. Before doing that however, I found that adding a
> RewriteBase directive to the .htaccess file solved the issue with nag.
> My .htaccess would then look like this
>
> allow from all
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteBase /horde
>     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
>     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
>     RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
> </IfModule>
>
> (My alias directive was: Alias "/horde"  "/var/www/horde")
>
> /Anders

Thank you all for the help.
I tryed this solution and it worked.
Then I moved my horde5 installation to the Document root of my
webserver (like the production server) adding "AllowOverride All" to
that directory and nothing else in my httpd.conf and it worked too.
Best regards.

--
Benedetto Vassallo
Sistema Informativo di Ateneo