[horde] NAG doesn't work

Anders Persson defender110 at apik.net
Sat Dec 8 07:08:59 UTC 2012

Quoting Josko Plazonic <plazonic at math.princeton.edu>:

> On 12/07/2012 04:32 PM, Benedetto Vassallo wrote:
>> horde is not at the root of my webserver, the root is /var/www/html
>> and I have the following Alias directive:
>>
>> Alias /horde5 /var/www/horde5
>>
>> So I reach it at https://webmail.unipa.it/horde5 url.
>>
>> All others horde applications works OK, just nag have this issue.
>> I really don't know what I did wrong.
>
> I still suspect Rewrite rules to be the issue.  Have you tried
> turning on RewriteLog to check what's going on under the covers - if
> you google for RewriteLogLevel you'll find plenty of hints on how to
> do it.
>
> Also, like I suggested before you could try moving
> /var/www/horde5/.htaccess to apache config file (with appropriate
> changes).
>
> Josko

I had the same problem, and eventually gave up and moved horde into
the document root. Before doing that however, I found that adding a
RewriteBase directive to the .htaccess file solved the issue with nag.
My .htaccess would then look like this

allow from all
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteBase /horde
     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
     RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

(My alias directive was: Alias "/horde"  "/var/www/horde")

/Anders

--
GnuPG key id: 7EAE66A8