[horde] ActiveSync 2.0.12 update, error finding IMAP Server

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Dec 26 03:37:14 UTC 2012

Quoting Tom Buehlmann <tomnet at tbuhl.ch>:

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Tom Buehlmann <tomnet at tbuhl.ch>:

<snip log>

>>> No, sorry mike, no luck..! :(
>>
>> Darn. I thought for sure that would do it. I'm at a loss here.
>> Something is causing IMP to drop the IMAP connection at some point
>> *after* the user has already authenticated to Horde.
>>

> But IMP itself works without problems. I'm writing this mail with
> IMP on the problematic acccount.

Yup. ActiveSync is accessed via Horde's RPC interface, which has a
slightly more complicated application initialization.

What is strange is that it doesn't happen with everyone's account.

>>> Still "Problem loading mail folders..."
>>> Strange thing is, that only one user seems to be affected. I can
>>> create another or use an existing one and it works fine.
>>> Deleting the affected user including all mail related files didn't fix it.
>>> What i tried further:
>>> -Removed all imap folders (except of course inbox)
>>> -Deleting the user account (physical user)
>>> -Delete Activesync related entries in the database and rebuild
>>> with horde-db-migrate
>>> -removed ingo and his preferences in the DB
>>> -tried to get my mobile to write a maillog.txt ;)
>>>
>>> any ideas what i can try further?
>>> I'm running out of ideas :)
>>
>> Yeah, me too.
>
> Well, in this case i use activesync for calendar and adresses, and good ol'
> imap directly on my phone (witch, of course, works with the
> defective account...)
>
> Perhaps i have another idea tomorrow, it's late now here...!
>
> Since it's my personal machine, i keep the defective account for
> further investigation, so if anyone has an idea..?!

Would love it if somebody else had an idea, as I'm running out of them.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org