[horde] activesync sent items unreadable in imp and how to set full name

Tom Seeley horde at tomseeley.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 14:58:42 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>>
>> Quoting Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>:
>>
>>> 2. The activesync sent email sets my full name to "tom", which is
>>> not what is set in the horde/imp profile.  Where does horde
>>> activesync get this value from?
>>
>> So it would appear that my first problem (incorrect mime types) is
>> common, does anyone have any insight on my second issue (above)?
>>
>> Currently when I send emails from my activesync client (a galaxy
>> s2) they come from:
>>
>>    tom <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>
>>
>> Instead of:
>>
>>   Tom Seeley <horde at tomseeley.co.uk>
>>
>> Which is what I get when I compose in IMP.
>>

> This is determined by the client.

OK, this is really quite annoying, it seem that Samsung in their
infinite wisdom actually hide the "your name" option on the activesync
setup pages of their android devices.  This doesn't matter for real
Exchange users, because Exchange actually changes it to your Active
Directory configured displayname (tested on this phone with Exchange
2010).  They've apparently done this on the S3 aswell.