[horde] PHP version via distribution package

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Jan 6 19:49:43 UTC 2013

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> I cannot talk about Debian PHP here, but generally, if a distribution
> (enterprise or community) in its support lifecycle triggers a bug in
> reasonable code (which runs on other feature-equivalent PHP versions),
> there should be a bug report for the distribution PHP.

This is entirely realistic, at least from a developer's POV.  I can't
test other distributions for any given release - I only have the
resources to test on my local setup.

Horde can only guarantee that our code is PHP 5.3 compliant.  We can't
guarantee that it runs properly on any given distribution.

michael