[horde] Lost in translation

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 10 11:45:19 UTC 2013

Hi list,

can someone tell me if the signature hook in IMP should always return utf8 ? Or should it encode the signature based on the charset of the message ? If so how can the charset be determined within the hook ?

Has anyone else observed that during the first session new mail is being encoded in ISO-8859-1 ? This is somehow related to the presence of the upgrade_tasks pref in the prefs backend.

Exampe: user X logs on for the very first time and starts sending messages. These get encoded ISO-8859-1. User logs off and on again and starts writing messages- these get encoded in UTF-8. User logs off and I delete his upgrade_tasks from the database, after the next logon mail the user writes will be encoded in ISO again. I can reproduce this on two (quite different) systems.