[horde] upgrade from 3.3.11 to 5.0.2

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 10 12:18:41 UTC 2013

Zitat von Cale Fairchild <cfairchild at brocku.ca>:

> On 10/01/2013 05:23, Jan Schneider wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von Cale Fairchild <cfairchild at brocku.ca>:

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have the same upgrade scenario; I have been reading the docs and
>>> searching the Internet for a few weeks now.
>>>
>>> In the upgrade documents there is no mention of going from version
>>> 3 ->5, just 3 -> 4 and 4 -> 5 so I have been struggling to get a
>>> temporary installation of Horde 4 going to do the database
>>> conversions one major version at a time. Is this the recommended
>>> path or are the database upgrade routines from Horde 5.0.2
>>> designed to handle an import from a Horde 3 installation?
>>>
>>> Thanks as well for any suggestions on the best upgrade path for
>>> data integrity.
>>
>> You can directly upgrade to H5, but the H3->H4 upgrade instructions
>> still apply.
> Thanks for the quick reply,
>
> When you say the H3->H4 instructions still apply, do you mean only
> the configuration file changes or does that include the
> horde-migrate-db script (which does not seem to be present in H5)? Is

That means that you have to follow all steps to upgrade from H3 to H4
and from H4 to H5.

> it possible that upgrading the long way H3->H4->H5 would produce a
> better DB migration, and therefore help situations like the one above?

No. At some point in the future we might require a higher minimum
version to still support upgrading, but for now it's easy for us to
support upgrading from (latest) H3 to any later Horde version.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project