[horde] upgrade from 3.3.11 to 5.0.2

Alan Silver asilver at chem.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 10 21:31:56 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 01:06 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting Alan Silver <asilver at chem.wisc.edu>:
>> On 01/09/2013 05:30 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>>> Quoting Alan Silver <asilver at chem.wisc.edu>:
>>>> Hi all:
>>>> I am currently running on a centOS 5.8 machine, mysql 5.0.95
>>>> horde 3.3.11
>>>> and the latest revs for the apps
>>>> turba 2.3.5
>>>> kronolith 2.3.5
>>>> dimp 1.1.6
>>>> ingo 1.2.5
>>>> imp 4.3.9
>>>> passwd 3.1.3
>>>> I am installing a new server with centos 6.3, mysql 5.1.66. And I 
>>>> would like to upgrade to horde version  5.0.2
>>>> I have read some into on these mailing lists and such, but I still 
>>>> am having some issues. I can get v.5 to install just fine. But I am 
>>>> having difficulties with getting the info from the old db to show 
>>>> up in the new db. The apps I have been focusing on making sure that 
>>>> they work are turbo and ingo since they are used heavily
>>>> My latest attempts revolve around using the horde 3 db in the horde 
>>>> 5 application and go to the configuration tab and updating the db 
>>>> schemas. It seems to work. But I still cannot see entries in my 
>>>> address book.
>>>> With the address book, I do see the data in the mysql db.
>>>> But if I try to browse my address book in horde, I get the 
>>>> following error
>>>> Jan  9 16:16:58 crayfish HORDE: [turba] SQL QUERY FAILED: 
>>>> SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 
>>>> 'object_nameprefix' in 'field list'  #012#011SELECT object_id, 
>>>> object_type, owner_id, object_members,#012#011 object_nameprefix, 
>>>> object_firstname, object_middlenames,#012#011  object_lastname, 
>>>> object_namesuffix FROM turba_objects WHERE (owner_id#012#011  = 
>>>> 'asilver') [pid 2383 on line 815 of 
>>>> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Db/Adapter/Base.php"]
>>>> and the name(s) don't show up.
>>>> Can anyone offer some advice or need further information to help me 
>>>> out?
>>> It sounds as if you were not using the most current out of the box 
>>> schema for the shipped "localsql" configuration. You should either 
>>> update the database schema, or update the definition in 
>>> turba/config/backends[.local].php
>> Mike:
>> I believe that you are correct as far as the db schema not being 
>> up-to-date.
>> After hitting the button in the configuration to update the database 
>> schemas, and that does work. But when I look at the db directly, the 
>> old schema is there. It is not getting updated.
>> Is there another way to updatedb the db schema?
> If you are talking about turba_objects, then no.  The migrations 
> assume you have the most up to data schema as of the latest release of 
> Horde 3. If you were not up to date before running the H4/H5 
> migrations then you will have to manually update the schema.

You were exactly correct...
I hadn't realized it, but I didn't update the db on the Horde 3 machine 
for the latest turba schema. I did that and not all works dandy on my H5 

Thanks for the help


Alan Silver
Network and Systems Administrator
9305 Chemistry

Check for information.....

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 6242 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
URL: <http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/attachments/20130110/183061d3/attachment.bin>

More information about the horde mailing list