[horde] Installing 5 - Files missing

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Jan 22 16:59:16 UTC 2013

Hi Urs,

http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL

> pear upgrade PEAR pear channel-discover pear.horde.org pear install
> horde/horde_role pear run-scripts horde/horde_role pear install
> horde/horde

So far correct.

> After that, 'webmail-install' is no longer on the machine (after
> the first install it was available) /-bash:
> /usr/bin/webmail-install: No such file or directory/

If you want the webmail bundle, you need pear install horde/webmail.

/
> There is no Horde/Autoloader/Default.php in the whole directory

Sounds broken. Autoloader should live somewhere in
{distribution_pear}/Horde/Autoloader.
for example, on *suse: /usr/share/php5/pear/Horde/Autoloader
on debianish: /usr/share/php/Horde/Autoloader

> /var/www/web7/html/wm
>
> Then I tried test.php in the browser. With the result: /Could not
> find Horde's framework libraries in the following path(s):
> .:/var/www/web7/html/wm/:/var/www/web7/html/wm/lib/. Please read
> horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install these
> libraries.// / No frame* anything can be found  in the wm-directory
> either.
Did you configure horde/conf/registry.local.php ?

> Googeling the web someone said "after trying ten times it worked
> ....". Is there a way out of the mess? (appart from restaging the
> box)

There is a "remove all horde pear" script in the mailing list archives
and possibly in the wiki but I don't have it at hand, else i'd post
the link.

What's your distro?

- --
Ralf Lang