[horde] Addressbook settings in mail composing preferences are not saved

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Wed Jan 23 10:11:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 14:17 +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to set the addressbooks to use when searching or expanding
> > addresses, which can be set in preferences -> mail -> compose ->
> > addressbooks. All the addressbooks that I have are in the list on the
> > right, named "Selected addressbooks". I can move the addressbooks I
> > don't want to be sued to the left, named "available addressbooks". The
> > settings are kept within a session. But if I log out, the settings are
> > forgotten. This happens with only this particular setting. I tested
> > other settings and everything is saved properly expect this one. I am
> > kind of confused, is this a bug I should report? It was working ok with
> > horde 4 and co :-/.
> >
> > I thought first to ask if it was a configuration error I was missing out
> > on before reporting a bug.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > M. Giritli
>
> Cannot reproduce.

I've tried everything to see whats actually going on but I haven't been
able to debug this at all. The things I've tried are:

1. Tried from a different user account.
2. Reset horde cache
3. Delete delete relevant preference records from horde_prefs table
4. Change preference system to file based from sql (effectively starting
with empty preference set)
5. Change back to default addressbook configuration and discard
customisations in turba's backends.local.php and backends.php.

None of these made a difference.

One thing I noticed when I was using file based preference system is
that, horde seems to actually save the settings properly. I could see
"search_sources" properly set to the addressbooks I selected. But the
interface did not reflect that, which was interesting.

Any other tips would be extremely well appreciated :-)