[horde] ActiveSync failing on fresh install with Horde 5.0.3

Brett Lumsden horde at controlunlimited.net
Thu Jan 24 00:28:14 UTC 2013

> Why don't you run the database migration scripts from the
> adminstration interface instead (configuration section)?
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your help, during the installation all of the databases
were listed as DB schema is out of date.  After clicking the button
Update all DB schemas  all databases including Horde_Activesync report
as "DB schema is ready" and the three applications I currently have
installed as listed as "Application is ready".  There are no errors
displayed in horde, apache error log or mysqld log to indicate that
tables could not be created.

 From the original message I am mostly concerned about the syncing
attempt from the device occurring every 2 to 3 seconds and never
actually completing.  My main issue, which I am not 100% sure is
related is the error message "2013-01-23T04:01:17+00:00 ERR:
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table
'webmail6.horde_activesync_cache' doesn't exist" would this actually
cause the sync to fail?

If this is the cause of the failure is there anyway to force the
creation or can someone provide a MySQL formatted version of these
tables so I can manually add them?

In an attempt to get the table to be created I have delete all
horde_activesync_* tables from the database, refreshed the web
interface and clicked the Update all DB schemas button.  The following
tables are created by updating the DB schemas using the web interface.

mysql> show tables like '%activesync%';
+-------------------------------+
| Tables_in_webmail6 (%ctive%)  |
+-------------------------------+
| horde_activesync_device       |
| horde_activesync_device_users |
| horde_activesync_map          |
| horde_activesync_schema_info  |
| horde_activesync_state        |
+-------------------------------+

 From looking through the files in
pear/data/Horde_ActiveSync/migration/ I am concerned that there might
be more than just the horde_activesync_cache table missing.  However
not being familiar enough with Horde 5 yet I am not 100% sure.

Is there an alternative way to actually trigger the creation of the
missing tables considering the Configuration screen shows the DB
Schema to be ready?

Also I have tried to fix the database using the horde-db-migrate
script from the pear directory however the script errors when I run
it, I am guessing here but I think it is throwing errors because I
have installed pear in a new location rather than updating the system
version of it.

> If you don't want your install to provide email, you can disable it
> in the administrative interface. This "mocks" the email support, so
> the device thinks it is working.
> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the assistance, I don't have a need for ActiveSync to
provide email as I already have K9-Mail setup to access my mailbox via
IMAP.  I left it enabled initially as was recommended by
http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync#toc11 - The entry for Samsung Galaxy
Nexus 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) to ensure the initial folder sync occurred.
As I can't seem to even get the initial folder sync to happen email
syncing at the moment is the last of my worries.