[horde] User name and email in top bar

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 6 21:34:56 UTC 2013

Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:

> Would this be worth adding to the distribution?

The current e-mail/user?  No, thank you.  I know who I am - I don't
need screen space to remind me of this information.  (I believe the
other developers feel the same way.)

For IMP, at least, I feel the current amount of information is
appropriate.  The current mailbox information is obviously important,
and the date is useful when comparing to lists of messages.
> Perhaps in a separate, centered div?  Currently the Topbar seems
> mostly underutilized (just the date in most apps).

You don't want to put much more information in there or else it
becomes too crowded/information dense.  That would be a step back in
our UI design.

Additionally, the topbar is NOT designed to provide consistent
information throughout all applications.  It is instead a way to
consistently *present* information in all applications, although that
information should be application specific.

michael