[horde] IMP preferences issues

Gary witscher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:05:30 UTC 2013

Quoting Cale Fairchild <cfairchild at brocku.ca>:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently upgraded from IMP(H3) version 4 to IMP (H5) 6 and now
> when I try to navigate to preferences for mail it displays the
> message "There are no preferences available for this application".
> The preferences for "General" and "Address Book" are both working
> fine, and the database still has the imp preferences in the
> horde_prefs table which are still being read and applied. However
> the users can not see their preferences to change them. I can not
> find any PHP errors or any other indication in the syslog files of
> what may be wrong. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Cale

I had the same thing happen to me when I upgraded IMP. Here's what I
did to "fix" the issue.

rename impdir/config/prefs.d/10-webmail.php to
impdir/config/prefs.d/10-webmail.php-disabled

That takes the file out of commission while still keeping it around in
case you want to restore it. For me it fixed the missing preferences
issue. I hope it works for you too.