[horde] Error sending email thru GMail after password change

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 02:55:17 UTC 2013

Michael M Slusarz <slusarz <at> horde.org> writes:

[...]
> > There was an error sending your message: Failed to set sender:
> > xxxxxxx <at> gmail.com [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server
> > 530, response: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at 5.5.1
> > http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=14257 ng6sm3741423igc.7
> > - gsmtp)]
>
> Have you setup correctly to authenticate to the Gmail SMTP server in
> backends.php?
[...]

Of course not... I did not maintain or fiddle with Horde's config in ages.  In
backends.php, I did not change anything.  I use hordeauth=true

in backends.php I have:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'GMail IMAP',
    'hostspec' => 'imap.gmail.com',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 993,
    // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
    'secure' => 'ssl',
    'maildomain' => '',
    // 'smtphost' => 'smtp.gmail.com',
    // 'smtpport' => 587,
    'cache' => false,

So the actual password is NOT in backends.php.  The way its configured, I
believe Imp uses my Horde login to authenticate for sending emails.

So what should I do???