[horde] AS email not current

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sat Mar 2 09:43:05 UTC 2013

>> On 2 Mar 2013 01:28, "Simon Wilson" <simon at simonandkate.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> In anticipation of the changes coming with improved calendar integration
>> as discussed elsewhere on list and in bug 12056, I have kicked up AS email
>> syncing on my devices, as I assume it will need to be active (?).
>>>
>>> Now to my issue. AS synced email is chronically out of date.
>>>
>>> Here are two screenshots from my iPhone:
>>>
>>> First one is my inbox according to H5 AS
>>>
>>> http://www.simonandkate.net/img/as1.png
>>>
>>> Second one is my inbox according to IMAP:
>>>
>>> http://www.simonandkate.net/img/as2.png
>>>
>>> The differences are many. And they are not 'just done, wait for a sync',
>> these are emails that I filed or deleted last night in Imp, 12 hours ago.
>> Refreshing iPhone's mail view does not change it.
>>>
>>> I know AS only does a full sync in certain circumstances, but this really
>> makes it difficult to rely on. I do not have the same sync issues with 2
>> other Exchange AS accounts on the iOS devices.
>>>
>>> Help?
>>>

> New emails seem to sync ok (with exception of appt as noted in my
> other email).
>
> But if I delete emails in Imp, the deleted messages are not sync'ed,
> and those emails continue to show in the iOS devices - 3 days later
> they are still there. Deleting them on the iOS device then fails.
> Turning mail on/off in the devices ActiveSync config pulls down a
> fresh up to date copy that is correct. Pushing a Reset from Horde's
> Activesync configuration page to the device resets the folder to
> correct status also. But left to itself, it just seems to get more
> and more out of date, hanging on to old emails that aren't in the
> mailbox any more.
>
> Note also that deleting an email on my work Exchange server (e.g. in
> Outlook), you can see the device sync the email deletion almost
> immediately.
>
> Simon
>
> --

This seems completely random...

I moved an email from Inbox to a subfolder in Imp and iPad equivalent
message disappeared, within a minute, unprompted.
I moved a second email from Inbox to a subfolder in Imp and iPad
equivalent message went nowhere until I manually refreshed the iPad's
mail client a few minutes later, when it disappeared as expected.
I then selected 4 emails from Inbox and moved to a subfolder in Imp,
and nothing happened. Manual refresh in iPad, they have stayed there
still.

At this point, I am now left with completely out of sync Email. If I
try and delete one on the iPad that has already been deleted in Imp,
iPad immediately tells me "cannot move to Trash", and when I go back
in my iPad mail they are still there... and I still had some that were
deleted days ago before a device AS reset gave me a clean mailbox
copy... until it got out of sync again.

I have log files, but they get very big very quickly.

At this stage I cannot use this, and will have to go back to IMAP
email, this is just not reliable.

Simon.

--
Simon Wilson