[horde] Horde stopped working after upgrade

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 5 22:27:19 UTC 2013

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> I assume that the line
>>
>>    $conf['cache']['compress'] = false;
>>
>> is now obsolete then? It is still in 'config/conf.xml', so I didn't
>> expect this to have changed.
>
> Yes, it is obsolete.  Since horde (the application) does not
> necessarily require the most up-to-date Horde_Core library, this
> config option can still be active.

Thanks for the clarification.

> It has been removed in Horde 5.1 which will require a version of
> Horde_Core that no longer recognizes this option.
>
>>> Note that you can't update in the middle of a session either and
>>> expect things to work properly.
>>
>> I use memcache for storing sessions, so restarting that (which I
>> did) should have cleared all existing sessions, right?
>
> Yes, it should have.

In that case, we can rule out problems with updating in the middle of
a session. I'm certain that the problems persisted even after
restarting memcached (and apache).

> You didn't answer my previous question: do you have either lzf or
> horde_lz4 installed as an extension to your PHP?

I answered that in the first line of my reply:

>> Do you have lzf or horde_lzf installed?
>
> Yes (lzf) and no (horde_lzf).

I now understand that you actually meant horde_lz4, but this isn't
installed either. The version of lzf I'm using is php5-lzf-1.5.0.