[horde] problem with upgrading via pear after debian security update of package php-pear

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Mon Mar 11 13:19:49 UTC 2013

Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:

> Hello list,
>
> after Debian updated the package php-pear (5.3.3-7+squeeze15) I can
> no longer upgrade horde via pear. The error message looks like this:
>
> boromir # pear upgrade
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Package "pear.horde.org/Horde_Auth" dependency "pecl.php.net/pam"
> has no releases
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Ldap,
> horde/Horde_Test, pecl/pam, pecl/sasl, use --alldeps to download
> automatically
> Package "pear.horde.org/Horde_Serialize" dependency
> "pecl.php.net/lzf" has no releases
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, pecl/lzf,
> use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type PEAR_Error as array in
> /usr/share/php/PEAR/REST/10.php on line 295
>
> I know that some devs recently mentioned that using the packaged and
> debianized PHP is from their point of of view not recommended at
> all. But I don't have the time to compile these packages all by
> myself and keep them up-to-date as administering our computers is
> only a side part of my actual job.
>
> Maybe other Debian-users have hit the same "bug" and can advise me?
> I'm not sure if it helped to edit the mentioned file 10.php to get
> it back working?
I just found out that a fix has been provided for this bug almost two
years ago. This fix unfortunately did not make it to the Debian
distribution. Look here
https://github.com/pear/pear-core/commit/d80553b8cfb25306145859188d1638a2dd80b249

So I just inserted the three mentioned lines and the upgrade via PEAR
ran without any problems.

--
Viele Grüße
Jens