[horde] Question regarding Horde and IMP "User is not authorized"

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 06:58:24 UTC 2013

On 19 Mar 2013 07:14, "Aleš Grm" <grm.ales at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a problem with Horde reporting "User is not authorized for (imp
or
>> > horde)".
>> >
>> > I have installed Horde 5 and IMP 6 via PEAR which went through fine in
>> > couple of tries. I manage the configuration of both but when I try to
use
>> > the application I always get the same result.
>> >
>> > On server (Debian 6) I get messages "HORDE: User is not authorized for
imp
>> > [pid 25656 on line 267 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php"]" or the
same
>> > for horde.
>> >
>> > While in /var/log/messages I get logs that report succesful logins. In
>> > /var/log/horde/horde3.log I get message about user log out immediatly
after
>> > I log in.
>> >
>> > My mail server works fine, tested and has worked for years.
>> >
>> > Since IMAP login is successful I have no idea where to continue.
>> >
>> > If you could advise I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>> Doesn't anyone use a search engine anymore?  This is a problem with your
file permissions.  The webserver (www-data) is not able to read something.

> First I'd like to apologize to everybody. It's my first time using a
mailing list and I saw a daily report before the actual reply so I replied
to the wrong message. Sorry!

> Simon thank you for the answer but this doesn't seem to be the problem.
Also I've been searching about this error for a few days now and have never
come across a problem with permissions in regards to this problem.

> I've checked and in some folders there were some files that were owned by
root. But all of the files and directories permissions were set in the way
that allows all users to read it - which includes www-data.

> However for the sake of your suggestion I've chown -R everything in
/usr/share/horde to www-data and the problem persists. Are there any other
directories that I should check permissions?

Since this is your first time, please learn not to top post too.

Did you create a local copy of backends.php?  What is in this file?

For me on debian, having group read permissions on a root owned file
doesn't work unless I actually make the file root:www-data - especially
*.local.php files

Simon