[horde] Question regarding Horde and IMP "User is not authorized"

Aleš Grm grm.ales at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:08:58 UTC 2013

On 19 March 2013 07:58, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:

> (imp or

> in a
> use

> for imp
> the same

> after

> >> Doesn't anyone use a search engine anymore?  This is a problem with
> your file permissions.  The webserver (www-data) is not able to read
> something.
> >
> > First I'd like to apologize to everybody. It's my first time using a
> mailing list and I saw a daily report before the actual reply so I replied
> to the wrong message. Sorry!
> >
> > Simon thank you for the answer but this doesn't seem to be the problem.
> Also I've been searching about this error for a few days now and have never
> come across a problem with permissions in regards to this problem.
> >
> > I've checked and in some folders there were some files that were owned
> by root. But all of the files and directories permissions were set in the
> way that allows all users to read it - which includes www-data.
> >
> > However for the sake of your suggestion I've chown -R everything in
> /usr/share/horde to www-data and the problem persists. Are there any other
> directories that I should check permissions?
>
> Since this is your first time, please learn not to top post too.
>
> Did you create a local copy of backends.php?  What is in this file?
>
> For me on debian, having group read permissions on a root owned file
> doesn't work unless I actually make the file root:www-data - especially
> *.local.php files
>
> Simon

I have a file backends.local.php which contains
<?php
$servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$servers['advanced']['disabled'] = false;
$servers['advanced']['hordeauth'] = true;
$servers['advanced']['name'] = 'example.com';
$servers['advanced']['hostspec'] = '192.168.100.136';
$servers['advanced']['protocol'] = 'imap';
$servers['advanced']['port'] = 143;
$servers['advanced']['maildomain'] = 'example.com';
$servers['advanced']['smtp']['auth'] = true;
$servers['advanced']['smtp']['host'] = 'example.com';
$servers['advanced']['smtp']['username'] = null;
$servers['advanced']['smtp']['password'] = null;
$servers['advanced']['smtp']['port'] = 25;

I've tried several variations of configuration and it doesn't work at all.
But mail server is for sure ok. My Horde and IMP configs are here
http://pastebin.com/S7Hc1rWS and http://pastebin.com/JXYZr6kM

Aleš