[horde] Problem with Horde_IMAP_Client-2.8.0

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Mar 28 18:59:07 UTC 2013

Citeren lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>> thorough cleaning of the cache, I haven't > seen this again.
>>>

>>> Hm, no. Tested once again. Install version 2.8.0, stop apache webserver,
>> rm horde/static/ and all CACHE-* from horde/tmp/, cleaned the browser cache
>> (Firefox 19) and started the webserver again. The problem was immediately
>> back eg. the marked as deleted were unmarked on refresh :-(
>>> So switching back again to 2.7.2...
>>
>> I think he means the horde cache, not the browser one.
>>
>> Simon
>
> Horde/tmp is the path set for filesystem based cache and we prefix
> the cache files with "CACHE-" to easily find them, so stopping the
> webserver and removing these files does reset the Horde cache, no?
> The Browser Cache was additionally deleted because we have seen
> strange UI results from time to time without cleaning it.
>
> But anyway "horde-clear-cache" does not solve the problem...

Indeed, it doesn't.

I ran 'horde-clear-cache', disabled APC, restarted memcached and
apache. Yet the first new message that arrived suffered from the same
problem. It must have something to do with caching, because the IMAP
server clearly indicates that as soon as I read the message on an
ActiveSync client, the message is marked as 'seen'.

FWIW, I'm running apache2-2.2.22 and php5-5.3.17 (both from
openSUSE-12.3) and the latest Horde5 packages from PEAR. I'll revert
to Horde_Imap_Client-2.7.2 too.