[horde] ActiveSync Provisioning on a Galaxy S3

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Apr 9 21:28:55 UTC 2013

Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> ----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
>      Datum: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:22:27 -0400
>        Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
>    Betreff: Re: [horde] ActiveSync Provisioning on a Galaxy S3
>         An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>>
>>> ----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
>>>    Datum: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:06:02 -0400
>>>      Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>>> Antwort an: mrubinsk at horde.org
>>>  Betreff: Re: [horde] ActiveSync Provisioning on a Galaxy S3
>>>       An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Where can i find the permission settings you refering to?
>>> Thank you,
>>
>> Administration->Permissions, it's a permission under Horde:ActiveSync.
>
> Thank you. So I created
>
> Horde (rw)
> |-ActiveSync (enabled)
>   |-Provisioning (forced)
>
> But it does not show the phones provisioned. Aren't they? Is there
> anything I have to set on the phone to enable this function, and so
> it get shown in Horde Settings ActiveSync-Devices?
>
> Happy Easter monday,
> Andreas

Cleaning up my INBOX and I came across this reply. It doesn't look
like I responded yet...

If you have changed provisioning to FORCED after the initial sync
pairing, you might need to remove the device from Horde and (depending
on the client) may need to remove the device account as well. Any
device unable to be provisioned because it lacks support for
provisioning, or for a specific policy enabled on the server should
refuse to connect and display a warning about this - though some
clients (notable early Android and some WP7 clients) just fail silently.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org