[horde] Using Activesync for Horde Calendar not working

ajadhav at bayleafdigital.com ajadhav at bayleafdigital.com
Tue Apr 9 21:54:59 UTC 2013

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting ajadhav at bayleafdigital.com:

>>> Simon: I was referring to this thread -
>>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20120709/044579.html
>>>
>>> Mike, I did turn off the SSL and got the same message - 'unable to
>>>  verify account'.  I feel like I am not doing the setup right
>>> since  the logs are not recording anything.  Here are my entries.
>>> Can you  take a look and advice?
>>>
>>> Email: username at mydomain.com
>>> password: ******
>>> Server: www.bayleafdigital.com (also tried IP address)
>>> Domain: left blank
>>> username: username at mydomain.com
>>> password: ******
>>>
>>> The only thing I can think of is that the server entry is incorrect.
>>
>> If you access your horde install either by www.bayleafdigital.com
>> or  www.bayleafdigital.com/horde then this is correct.
>>
>> Is your email really your username? I.e., do you use the full email
>>  address to login to Horde normally? Not sure why you would need
>> two  password fields, was that a copy/paste typo?
>
> I am also assuming that you have read the section on
> http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync regarding installations that might
> have problems obtaining the user/pass from the $_SERVER variables
> and  the rewrite rules needed to work around it?
>
> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

Mike, I got it working!!!! Thanks for your suggestions!  For the
record, I was missing one re-direct in my .htaccess file from
https://domain.com/autodiscover...

Here are my entries for future reference:

Redirect /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
http://www.bayleafdigital.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
RewriteRule ^Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync horde/rpc.php [PT,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^autodiscover/autodiscover.xml  horde/rpc.php [PT,L,QSA]

RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_MS_ASPROTOCOLVERSION:%{HTTP:Ms-Asprotocolversion}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_X_MS_POLICYKEY:%{HTTP:X-Ms-Policykey}]
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

btw, please advice if there's a better way of doing the re-directs.  I
am definitely a novice there.

Abhi