[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail in BitNami

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Apr 15 14:53:15 UTC 2013

Zitat von beltran rueda borrego <beltran at bitnami.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm Beltran from the BitNami project. As you probably know, Horde Webmail
> won the latest contest thanks to the community votes. We are currently
> working on creating installers, virtual machines and Cloud images with
> Horde Webmail already configured with all the required dependencies.
>
> We checked the Horde documentation and we checked that Horde can be
> configured in multiple ways with different mail servers. We would like to
> check what is the most popular configuration for Horde to adapt the
> installers to that configuration.

The most popular configuration is probably the one that Horde creates
when running the webmail-install script. This is, a simple IMAP server
on localhost, with IMAP filtering as the filter backend.

> The BitNami installers will not ship any mail server but we are thinking on
> creating default configurations for the most popular ones. For example,
> during the installation the user can select "GMail" so the Horde Webmail
> application will be configured (SMTP and IMAP) to receive and send emails
> using a GMail account.

A working backend configuration for Gmail would look like:

$servers['google'] = array(
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'Gmail',
     'hostspec' => 'imap.gmail.com',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 993,
     'secure' => 'ssl',
     'maildomain' => 'gmail.com',
     'smtp' => array(
         'auth' => true,
         'debug' => false,
         'localhost' => 'localhost',
         'host' => 'ssl://smtp.gmail.com',
         'password' => null,
         'port' => 465,
         'secure' => 'ssl',
     ),
);

> We also want to include the most popular configurations, could you please
> let us know other popular configurations for Horde Webmail application? Do
> you have any suggestion to improve the BitNami installers configuration?

Not sure what you mean with "popular configurations". Are you still
talking about IMAP backends here? I don't think any configuration but
using the mail system's local IMAP server is really popular at all.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project