[horde] Import google email address book...

NA plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Apr 20 08:33:09 UTC 2013

>> I tried creating a short google address book export in vcard format...
>>
>> [michael at eagle64 Downloads]$ cat contacts.vcf
>> BEGIN:VCARD
>> VERSION:3.0
>> FN:Denise Bergstrom
>> N:Bergstrom;Denise;;;
>> EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET;TYPE=HOME:bergstrom13 at comcast.net
>> END:VCARD
>> BEGIN:VCARD
>> VERSION:3.0
>> FN:John Robinson
>> N:Robinson;John;;;
>> EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET;TYPE=HOME:dayhawk at rocketmail.com
>> TEL;TYPE=HOME:8666605769
>> END:VCARD
>> BEGIN:VCARD
>> VERSION:3.0
>> FN:Maria Schmid
>> N:Schmid;Maria;;;
>> EMAIL;TYPE=INTERNET;TYPE=HOME:maria at m-a-schmid.de
>> END:VCARD
>> [michael at eagle64 Downloads]$
>>
>> When I try to import this into Turba, the email addresses are lost.
>>
> What did you map that to in the mapping step?
>
> Simon

I find that choosing vCard works best, but for whatever reason, the
email addresses are not getting imported.
When I try to bring in a 100+ contacts address book, that is a major
problem.  Perhaps since a Vcard file is a text file, there is some
perl script etcetera that will make the file work with Turba.