[horde] VCard google and Turba...

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 09:14:15 UTC 2013

On 20 Apr 2013 23:30, "NA" <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> What do I need to change in a google generated Vcard file to get Turba to
read in the email addresses???

> Evolution takes all the information from a google Vcard file just fine.
 Unfortunately, evolution doesn't seem able to output that address book in
a format that Turba understands.

> Having a rather large google address book, I'm concerned that I will have
to transfer my father's contact book by hand.  I can do an import Vcard
file and most of the information minus the email addresses will get
imported, but there could easily be 1000 contacts.

It just works for me, although I haven't done it since version 4.  I also
added an extra email field to turba to accommodate multiple addresses,
which you must also do if you have contracts with multiple addresses.  Then
you have to map them to the correct fields when doing the import.

Have you tried the csv option?

Simon