[horde] AS email not current

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Apr 23 04:09:47 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

<snip>

>> The latest package fixed the issue that was causing the empty 'm'
>> element for certain mail servers. You can try to recreate the
>> account and see if that fixes things now.
>>

>> --
>> mike
>>

> Mike
>
> Sounds promising... :)
>
> Can you tell me please which package - AS? Which version do I need to be at?

It's the latest. 2.3.6.

> Which mail servers does it affect?

Any mail server that supports the CONDSTORE extension but does not
have per-mailbox MODSEQ enabled. I believe that this is how Cyrus is
configured out of the box. Not sure about others.

> And would love to get a brief explanation of what the issue / fix was

Basically there was a single code path during initial sync that was
checking for CONDSTORE, but did not take into account that some
servers may have that, but not MODSEQ. This caused flags information
to not be stored internally, and there were some array manipulations
that failed because of this.

> - this has been driving me nuts for a while now... :)

You are not the only one. :)
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)