[horde] Updating mail status on phone via activesync

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Sun Apr 28 14:01:42 UTC 2013

> Quoting Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>:
>
>> Quoting mrubinsk at horde.org:
>>
>>> Quoting Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>>

>>> It will update automatically when a new email arrives in the
>>> mailbox (assuming the mailbox is being pushed).
>>>
>>> I think I'm probably going to allow mailboxes that support MODSEQ
>>> to trigger a sync on flag changes as well.
>>
>> I was wondering if there is a trick to get this to work.  I have
>> push setup on the phone and it still does not seem to want to
>> update the status.  I'm running the 5.1.0-git with the 6.1.0-get
>> version of imp.
>
> Sounds like your IMAP server does not support CONDSTORE or MODSEQ
> --

I think I have dovecot configured to allow condstore.

----------
wisniewski at snoopy:~$ telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
a login wisniewski <foo>
a OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1
CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH
LIST-STATUS COMPRESS=DEFLATE ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged in
b capability
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT
CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC
ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS
COMPRESS=DEFLATE ACL RIGHTS=texk
b OK Capability completed.
^]quit

This is what tells me condstore is running.....right?  I don't see
modseq and a quick google search of modseq and dovecot hasn't popped
anything that easily tells me how to enable it.