[horde] Updating mail status on phone via activesync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Apr 28 16:52:30 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>:
>>
>>> Quoting mrubinsk at horde.org:

>>> I was wondering if there is a trick to get this to work.  I have
>>> push setup on the phone and it still does not seem to want to
>>> update the status.  I'm running the 5.1.0-git with the 6.1.0-get
>>> version of imp.
>>
>> Sounds like your IMAP server does not support CONDSTORE or MODSEQ
>> --
>
> I think I have dovecot configured to allow condstore.
>
> ----------
> wisniewski at snoopy:~$ telnet localhost 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
> ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
> a login wisniewski <foo>
> a OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
> ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
> MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED
> I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
> CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS COMPRESS=DEFLATE ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged in
> b capability
> * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
> UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1
> CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH
> LIST-STATUS COMPRESS=DEFLATE ACL RIGHTS=texk
> b OK Capability completed.
> ^]quit
> ----------
>

> This is what tells me condstore is running.....right?  I don't see
> modseq and a quick google search of modseq and dovecot hasn't popped
> anything that easily tells me how to enable it.

MODSEQ is part of the CONDSTORE extension, but some IMAP servers do
not support (or do not enable support by default) for per-mailbox
MODSEQ values.

Dovecot, however, should work out of the box, and in fact this works
fine for me here. I would need to see your logs to see what is going
on for you.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)