[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail in BitNami

Beltran beltran at bitnami.org
Mon Apr 29 11:42:58 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your feedback, please see my comments below:

On 04/29/2013 01:35 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Here's a few comments issues:
>
> - In README.txt:
>   - "Gmail: Next screen, will request to configure a administrator
> email. The emails for this account will be automatically sync in the
> application." Not sure what this means, it's not correct anyway.
We will improve the documentation. If the user selects "GMail", Horde
Webmail will be configured to use IMAP/SMTP through GMail.
>   - there are some invalid unicode characters in "To start the
> utility, double click the file named
> â<U+0080><U+0098>manager-linuxâ<U+0080><U+0099>"
Thanks, we will fix it.
>   - "Horde Groupware Webmail is distributed under the BSD license,
> which is located at http://www.horde.org/licenses/bsd". This is not
> completely correct, we use several different licenses, because the
> groupware is built of differently licensed modules.
Thanks, we will add it in our docs.

> - Accessing Apache I get a 403, with this in the logs: "Cannot serve
> directory /home/jan/horde-5.0.4-0/apps/horde/htdocs/: No matching
> DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.php) found, and server-generated
> directory index forbidden by Options directive"
>
> - The former is probably due to an error during installation about
> channel-add not succeeding. There haven't been more detailed
> information than this, and I cannot find an installation log. Wild
> guess: maybe channel-add failed if the horde channel is already
> registered for the user running the installation script?

We will try to reproduce on our side.

Best regards,

Beltran