[horde] IMAP connection initiated for every click in the user interface

adi at ddns.com.au adi at ddns.com.au
Thu May 2 10:42:32 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-02 18:23, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren adi at ddns.com.au:
>
> Courier-IMAP is probably the slowest IMAP server out there.  It  also
> supports none of the new IMAP features specifically tailored  to
> applications like webmail (e.g. CONDSTORE/QRESYNC, LIST-STATUS)
>
> Confirmed, unfortunately we're stuck with it for quite some time. I
> wish I was able to switch to Dovecot.
>
> Just out of curiosity, why are you unable to switch to Dovecot?

Because of the hosting panel solution running on the backends which uses
Courier IMAP as the only option. Even if there were numerous requests
for integrating Dovecot I wouldn't put my money on seeing it supported
anytime soon. It took the same people significant amount of time to
support Postfix as MTA, along with their terrible qmail integration.

--
Adi Pircalabu