[horde] ansel / git / delete galeries

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 22 16:43:18 UTC 2013

Quoting Andreas Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Hi,
>
> after temporary switching from sqlite to mysql I finaly have now a
> usable ansel installation.
> I created some testgaleries but are no unable to delete them. Is
> there really no delete option?

Of course there is. It's in the gallery action "widget" on the top
right. You might need to expand the widget to see it.

> Also I noticed a high serverload when a galary is displayed. Is this
> the disadvantage
> of $conf[vfs][src] set to 'PHP'?

It could be. It could also be due to the image processing backend, the
type of thumbnails being generated and the vfs storage you are using
(please tell me you are not storing your images in a VFS backend
backed by sqlite).

> Btw.
> would be *really* nice if ansel would also work using sqlite.
> Running a mysql server for 5 users is a little bit oversized...

Sure. Patch?

FWIW, the query you posted in the original email no longer exists in
Ansel 3 (or in fact, anywhere in Horde). So if you are truly using a
complete git checkout we'd need to know the exact query that is *now*
failing. It's most likely in the tagger system. Due to the nature of
some of the queries involved, it's likely that we just won't be able
to support sqlite here. It's also worth noting that Ansel is not the
only app using the tagger in this way so you might run into issues in
other apps as well (like Nag and Trean). If you want the advanced
functionality, you need to pay the price and use a RDBMS that supports
the full SQL feature set. It's not about being "oversized" for a
certain number of users, it's about having the full SQL feature set
available. You can try turning off the "related tags" option in the
Ansel configuration and see if that helps.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org