[horde] Need help, Horde error, lambda function for closure not found...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue May 28 17:44:36 UTC 2013

Quoting avp <avp at rokeyetee.com>:

> Just to follow up, after a few days my apache 500/lambda errors returned with
> a vengeance.  It seems the APC cache was getting overful, massively
> fragmenting, and then generating the 500 errors.  So I played with the APC
> cache settings (in my case under the [apc] section of php.ini.  I increased
> the cache size and adjusted some other settings.  since then, all has been
> well again.  I found a lot of useful info on this page:
>
> http://chrisgilligan.com/wordpress/how-to-configure-apc-cache-on-virtual-servers-with-php-running-under-fcgid/
>
> also, apc.php was instrumental in figuring out this for me.
>
> So I have things running well again for the moment, but I would love to see
> some direction from someone who actually knows with respect to "best
> settings" for the APC cache for horde.

Don't think there are any "best" settings.  I personally would suggest
more than 64 MB of shared memory size, or else a bunch of your scripts
aren't going to get cached.

In this day and age, 64MB of program data for something as complex as
Horde is not nearly enough.  If using even 2 or 3 Horde applications,
you will likely fill that cache space quickly, which means you will be
running a bunch of scripts unoptimized.

michael