[horde] saving ingo rules to sieve sieveserver fail

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Mon Jun 10 07:18:53 UTC 2013

Citeren Andreas Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Zitat von simon <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> You will need to modify your backends.local.php to the new format,
>> following the example text in backends.php.
>
> thanks for again pointing to UPGRADING ...
>
> I am not so familiar with php and failed to configure properly with
> informations given in backends.php.
> I tried
>  -
> $backends['sieve']['transport']['Ingo::RULE_ALL']['params']['hostspec'] =
> '192.168.1.1';
>  -
> $backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['hostspec'] =
> '192.168.1.1';
> -> here I get simply the same error "can't connect" which obviously
> mean I didn't change the *right* 'hostspec'.
>
> and
>  - $backends['sieve']['transport']['params']['hostspec'] = '192.168.1.1';
> -> this is completly wrong!

The second line is the correct syntax (there should be no quotes
around Ingo::RULE_ALL). But remember that these value will probably
stored in the session, so changing them without doing a logout/login
cycle won't work.

Note that it is not recommended to use unencrypted communication, even
on a LAN and by default Dovecot Sieve won't allow plaintext logins
(except from localhost). It uses the same certificate as Dovecot
IMAP/POP3, so it is highly recommended to use it for Sieve as well.

> At last resort I copied the complete multiline array block
> "$backends['sieve'] = array( ... ) to backends.local.php
> and modify accordingly. *That works* :-)
>
> But I assume it's not best practice to copy whole array blocks.
> Could someone explain the syntax to override only the hostspec?
> Maybe the top example in backends.php ( starting at line 14 ) could
> be extended to these most common case.

Agreed. I was struggling with the same.