[horde] Proxy errors to downstream Horde server

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Mon Jun 10 12:23:40 UTC 2013

Citeren Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> A quick config change to the proxypass timeout with
> "connectiontimeout 300 timeout 300" makes no discernable difference,
> so even with 5 minutes timeout I am still getting just as many of
> the 502s.
>
> How long should the ping process take? and how do I identify when it
> starts finished in the device log?

It can take up to $conf[activesync][ping][heartbeatmax] seconds (which
can be 59 minutes or 3540 seconds max). Usually, it will be lower
though (depending on the client), with a minimum of
$conf[activesync][ping][heartbeatmin] seconds.

> From what I can see a pid is held from the auth request at the start
> of a PING through to that pid disappearing from the logs for between
> 2 and 4 minutes.

That shouldn't happen.

> Or is there something else that it continues to do that needs to be
> kept alive for the PING request?

Yes. It keeps monitoring the folders every
$conf[activesync][ping][waitinterval] seconds for changes and if it
finds any, will report that back to the client. The client in turn
will run a SYNC then. After that (or in the absence of changes) the
device will initiate a new PING and all starts over again. So
generally, for any ActiveSync device that is active, you'll see a
process running on your server with a connection open to your IMAP
server.