[horde] horde not auth with dovecot

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Sun Jun 16 15:16:17 UTC 2013

----- Nachricht von José Eduardo Martins <jemartins at fis.unb.br> ---------
   Datum: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:11:10 -0300
     Von: José Eduardo Martins <jemartins at fis.unb.br>
Betreff: Re: [horde] horde not auth with dovecot
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Can you see this with that command line?
>
> $ telnet localhost 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
> ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.

Yes, I can confirm I read this:

  telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.

Does it matter somehow if its trying over ipv6?

I can do the same with the IP:

[root at testhorde ~]# telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.

Thank you,
Andreas

----- Ende der Nachricht von José Eduardo Martins <jemartins at fis.unb.br> -----