[horde] horde not auth with dovecot

Henning Twilek at gmx.de
Sun Jun 16 18:44:32 UTC 2013

Andreas Mauser <andreas <at> mauser.info> writes:

> ----- Nachricht von José Eduardo Martins <jemartins <at> fis.unb.br> ---------
>    Datum: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:11:10 -0300
>      Von: José Eduardo Martins <jemartins <at> fis.unb.br>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] horde not auth with dovecot
>       An: horde <at> lists.horde.org
>
> > Can you see this with that command line?
> >
> > $ telnet localhost 143
> > Trying 127.0.0.1...
> > Connected to localhost.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
> > ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
>
> Yes, I can confirm I read this:
>
>   telnet localhost 143
> Trying ::1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
>
> Does it matter somehow if its trying over ipv6?
>
> I can do the same with the IP:
>
> [root <at> testhorde ~]# telnet 127.0.0.1 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to 127.0.0.1.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
> IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
>
> Thank you,
> Andreas

Can you manually login from there like "user login user password" (exchange
both user with a valid username). Then somethin like

user OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE BINARY MOVE] Logged in

should show up. Alternatively can you login with a mail program?

I can confirm that dovecot 1.x and 2.x work well with horde.

My backends.php looks like yours. The only thing I see is that if you don´t
use IMP for authentication it might be necessary to set "hordeauth" to true

Regards

Henning