[horde] Problem with aspell and Portuguese dictionary

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 20 05:33:57 UTC 2013

Quoting Nuno Carrilho <nuno at znunix.com>:

> I'm having some problems using aspell with portuguese dictionary's with
> horde-5.1.x and imp-6.1.x.
>
> When I send a message in Portuguese, I get the following error:
>
> HORDE: [imp] Spellcheck failed. Command line: /usr/bin/aspell -a
> --encoding=UTF-8 --sug-mode=fast --lang='pt' --ignore='2' -H [pid 24434 on
> line 91 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde/SpellChecker/Aspell.php"]
>
> The problem is with the flag --lang='pt'. It should be --lang='pt_PT'.

No.  Your aspell is broken if this doesn't work.  From the aspell man page:

        --lang=<string>, -l <string>
               Language to use.  It follows the same format of the  LANG  envi‐
               ronmental  variable on most systems. It consists of the two let‐
               ter ISO 639 language code and an optional two  letter  ISO  3166
               country  code  after  a dash or underscore. The default value is
               based on the value of the LC_MESSAGES locale.

So --lang=PT is perfectly acceptable according to the man page.

michael