[horde] Problem with aspell and Portuguese dictionary

Nuno Carrilho nuno at znunix.com
Thu Jun 20 07:46:43 UTC 2013

Hello Michael,

It's wierd that aspell is broken. It's installed using Fedora's 18 repository as you can see:
# rpm -qa |grep aspell
aspell-pt_PT-20070510-3.fc18.x86_64
aspell-es-1.11-4.fc18.x86_64
aspell-0.60.6.1-5.fc18.x86_64
aspell-devel-0.60.6.1-5.fc18.x86_64
aspell-en-7.1-4.fc18.x86_64
aspell-nl-0.50-1.fc18.x86_64

If I run the normal command manualy the output:
# aspell -a --encoding=UTF-8 --sug-mode=fast --lang='pt' --ignore='2' -H
Error: No word lists can be found for the language "pt".

And if I run the command with the flag fast --lang='pt_PT', the output is:
# aspell -a --encoding=UTF-8 --sug-mode=fast --lang='pt_PT' --ignore='2' -H
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.60.6.1)

If there is a way to change it on horde's configuration ...

Thanks for you help,

Com os melhores Cumprimentos,
Nuno Carrilho