[horde] IMP: HTML editor - paste from word / Office /webpage doesn't work

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jun 20 15:34:39 UTC 2013

Quoting Frank Richter <frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de>:

> Hi,
>
> When composing a new message in HTML mode with CKEditor inserting
> copied text from Word or other programs removes formatting, and
> sometimes even spaces from the text. I tried it in Linux and Windows  7,
> Firefox and Chrome, for an illustration see
> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/imp-paste.png
>
> I filed this bug: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12333
> Unfortunately it still doesn't work in IMP 6.1.2 (although many bugs
> fixed there, thanks!).

Guess I misunderstood your previous question.

Yes, we now allow pasting of HTML content (this wasn't allowed in IMP
6.0, because it was a way to sneak attachments into outgoing text
without adhering to compose limitations).  No, we don't allow pasting
of *formatted* HTML content.  All HTML tags are stripped on paste, for
both formatting and security reasons.

You can obviously change this locally on your install by removing the
strip code, but this is the correct IMP behavior.

michael