[horde] IMP: HTML editor - paste from word / Office /webpage doesn't work

Frank Richter frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jun 21 07:23:32 UTC 2013

Am 20.06.2013 17:34, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
> Quoting Frank Richter <frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When composing a new message in HTML mode with CKEditor inserting
>> copied text from Word or other programs removes formatting, and
>> sometimes even spaces from the text. I tried it in Linux and Windows  7,
>> Firefox and Chrome, for an illustration see
>> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/imp-paste.png
>>
>> I filed this bug: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12333
>> Unfortunately it still doesn't work in IMP 6.1.2 (although many bugs
>> fixed there, thanks!).
>
> Guess I misunderstood your previous question.
>
> Yes, we now allow pasting of HTML content (this wasn't allowed in IMP 6.0,
> because it was a way to sneak attachments into outgoing text without
> adhering to compose limitations).  No, we don't allow pasting of
> *formatted* HTML content.  All HTML tags are stripped on paste, for both
> formatting and security reasons.

The problem here: As it worked in IMP4, our users complain ...

IMHO it would be better to remove these buttons "Paste" and "Paste from
Word" (as they remove too many white spaces) and just let "Paste as Text".
And fix simple Pasting by Ctrl+V (removes too many white spaces, too).

> You can obviously change this locally on your install by removing the
> strip code, but this is the correct IMP behavior.

Can you give me a hint where to look at?
BTW, the new content filter in CKEditor 4 might be the solution here.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank RICHTER