[horde] Questions on using passwd http driver

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Sun Jun 30 04:09:23 UTC 2013

Hello,

A couple of questions in trying to use passwd.

I'm trying to use the http driver for passwd to try to enable users on
the distro I use, an option to change their password from within the
horde framework.  The website needs to use https, not http, does that
make a difference with passwd?  When I try to change the password, I
get this error, "Failure in changing password for HTTP Server: Peer
certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates."  I
need help in what I can do to further troubleshoot this.  On my test
server, I am using a self-signed cert, but I've imported the cert into
the trusted root authorities, and both IE and Chrome see it has a
valid cert.  Chrome at least gives me the green security lock.

Second question, under the http backend section, there is a parameter
named ftemplate.  What is this used for?

My horde apps are all up to date as of today.  I can certainly provide
more information if needed.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

John H. Bennett III