[horde] Questions on using passwd http driver

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Jun 30 07:18:20 UTC 2013

On 30.06.2013 06:09, John H. Bennett III wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A couple of questions in trying to use passwd.
>
> I'm trying to use the http driver for passwd to try to enable users on
> the distro I use, an option to change their password from within the
> horde framework.  The website needs to use https, not http, does that
> make a difference with passwd?

It should not.

When I try to change the password, I get
> this error, "Failure in changing password for HTTP Server: Peer
> certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates."  I need
> help in what I can do to further troubleshoot this.

The sending server needs to have the target's ssl certificate installed
to trust the HTTPS connection. This is similar to situation where a web
browsers hits a site with an untrusted certificate, only server to server.

On my test server,
> I am using a self-signed cert, but I've imported the cert into the
> trusted root authorities

Of the browser or of the sending server?

Out of curiosity: What kind of authentication do the website and horde use?

Ralf

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer