[horde] Kronolith Weather calendar

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jul 4 14:10:36 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> Where does the Kronolith weather calendar get its location info from?
>
> I have Wunderground set to Brisbane, Queensland, but the calendar is
> showing Brisbane, CA.
>
> Is it configurable somewhere? My pref for location is set to
> Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Kronolith gets weather from the "Timeobjects" application, which in
turn tries to find a location to use from either the user's
preferences (the "Location to use for location aware features" pref),
the contact marked as yours in Turba, or (IIRC) a location derived
from the browser IP.

Note that the search text that the weather provider uses might not be
exactly what you think it is. I just tried using "Brisbane, Australia"
as the value for the location pref and that seemed to work, while
"Brisbane, Queensland" did not.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)